Family Tree

Family Tree

Friday, October 30, 2015

Pondering My Purpose!

This has been a full week.  I've been so busy in every facet of my life.  But I've also been very fulfilled.  Hearing from my missionary daughter is the highlight of my week right now and I can honestly say that nothing competes with that at the moment.  She is my joy!
One of the questions asked this week made me ponder about why I am taking these classes in genealogy.  Then I remembered my grandparents, and my great-grandparents, and for a brief second I chastised myself for even wondering why.  I love this work!  I love my family!  And because I love both of these things, I know that I love my ancestors enough to do this work for them.  When all is said and done, and my time has come to be re-united with them, how am I going to feel if I have done nothing for them.  I don't even want to think about that - and that's what drives me to get this work done!

No comments:

Post a Comment