Family Tree

Family Tree

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Yes, I am Canadian - Camerican acutally!  And because of this reason, we celebrate Thanksgiving twice a year.  And since Canadian Thanksgiving falls on the same day as Columbus Day in the U.S., we do make a big deal out of our 1st of two Thanksgiving dinners.  Having dinner for 32 adults + a half dozen children made for a busy, fun, and wonderful day and I wouldn't change it for anything.

The other big thing this week was that my daughter left the MTC and headed out to serve her mission in San Jose.  As I was sitting at the kitchen table, very early on Wednesday morning, waiting for that airport telephone call, waiting...waiting...my phone rang then immediately disconnected.  Oh no!  My heart sank.  I thought I wasn't going to get to hear her sweet voice.  A few minutes later, it rang again and there she was, crying so hard because she thought she wasn't going to get to talk to me.  We're such funny creatures.  But once she heard my voice, she was fine and so happy to be on her way to serve.  That evening we received an email from her Mission President with photos of 13 very tired missionaries who had been on their way to him since 2:00 a.m. that morning, and who were fast asleep all over the chairs and floors of the mission home.
Oh how great is the work :)

Another big deal this week was all of this genealogy work!  Oh my goodness - I have lost myself in it's depths.  Through some new technique I have been able to learn and put into play this week, I have found some information that I have been looking for since the early '90's. I feel as though I have connected, and been touched, by a Great-great grandmother - one of whom I had only known by name and not even thought to look at any closer than to turn the page.  But because of this class, because of this desire to gain more knowledge of genealogy, because I want to fasten tight the links of my ancestors, I have been blessed this week to feel her presence, her guidance, her love!

I cannot begin to even describe how full my heart is this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment