Family Tree

Family Tree

Saturday, October 24, 2015

LeBlanc is the name - Genealogy is the game!

I have been consumed this week with Ancestry.com and finding more of my ancestors.  This week I found my (fifth) and (sixth) great-grandparents and the information looks perfect.  Even though it looks like their temple work has already been done (many times), I can now check and make sure that all the history links are matched up with siblings, aunts, uncles, etc.  It's a big job and I'm up for it!  I can honestly say that I have spent well more than a dozen hours this week on genealogy.  I really need to do some laundry.
I am so grateful that I was able to learn about all that Ancestry.com has to offer.  I had no idea how to really "dig in" and look for someone.  I was doing a basic search and pretty much giving up.  Once I learned about the sliders, the wildcards, all of the Collections, the catalogue, the map....everything, I was able to find out so much more.  The doors to our past have really been opened and my heart is about ready to explode.  Can I not just do this full time?


No comments:

Post a Comment