Family Tree

Family Tree

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Stop Thinking of Myself!

If I could say I have been feeling discouraged this week, that would probably be an understatement.  I've felt the sting of discouragement hitting me almost every day this week.  Mid-terms were stressful, getting all my assignments in on time was stressful, missing one and seeing a big old "0" come up was stressful, and work was super busy!  As I was sitting here thinking about "why am I putting myself through all of this" tonight, I was suddenly overcome with emotion.  I saw one of my grades go from an "A" to a "B" in an instant because I missed an assignment and my heart sank.  I was basing all of my worth and my effort on seeing that A and was becoming more focused on that than the work.

As I prayed for some peace to comfort me tonight, I was more or less chastised.  And it hit me hard.  The question that came to my mind was, "Who are you doing this for anyway?"  Immediately...without hesitation, I knew I was thinking the wrong things.  I knew I was letting myself become discouraged instead of moving forward and just doing the best I can and giving it my best shot.  Because ultimately, what I am trying to do is to learn how to put all of this work together...not get an "A" so that I can brag about it.  Oh how I have been humbled this evening.

Once I put myself back on the right track, I got back on my computer and back to work, and sailed right on through my assignments.  I know that once I had put my heart back in the right place, and humbly asked for guidance, I was blessed with His loving support.

No comments:

Post a Comment