Family Tree

Family Tree

Monday, November 9, 2015

Answered Prayers - Peaceful Heart

Indexing: 50 names for the California - San Francisco Flight Manifest for 1947.


Although it's been a few days of great disturbance in the force, I am grateful for my testimony and my faith in the Father in Heaven.  As things seem to worsen around me and around those I love, I prayed fervently and with a full heart to know and understand the reasoning for some decisions that are necessary to be made on behalf of the Church and its people.  I received a quiet and peaceful reassurance to be patient, to stay calm, and to not partake of or get caught up in the whirlwind of "immediate reaction without thinking".  And although much was said over those few days, I didn't react, I didn't become upset and disappointed, and I didn't lose faith.

My husband taught the Gospel Doctrine lesson on Sunday and it was perfect.  Lesson 42 - "Pure Religion".  The highlights of the lesson - James taught: we should endure affliction patiently, we should pray to God in faith, we should control our tongues and "be slow to wrath", and we should be "doers of the word", showing our faith by our works.  The class was quiet and listened intently, and I truly believe that everyone received the same peaceful message that was so much needed.

My daughter's email from the mission field today:  "Don't ever let Satan discourage you.  Shut him up with your Testimony.  Shut him down with your strong faith and desire in doing the Lord's work!"  I love her advice on this matter.

Indexing - sure takes my mind off worrisome matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment